Palanan Bay is one of the hardest places to reach in the Philippines. No roads lead to Palanan as it is covered by the Sierra Madre Mountains.
Its isolation is the reason why it has been able to preserve and keep its beauty a secret.
Travel Save World has created a guide to to help you unlock the secret of Palanan Bay
How to Get to Palanan Bay
The cheapest way to go Palanan Bay is through Baler, Aurora. However the travel time will take a minimum of 18 hours or could take up to 45 hours.
Step 1: Manila to Baler
- Go to Genesis Bus Station (New York Ave, Cubao, Quezon City, Metro Manila, Philippines)
- Ride a bus going to Baler:
- Regular Bus: PHP 450/ passenger. Average of 7-8 hours travel time. Need to arrive early at the bus station to get a queue number (8pm to be safe especially on holidays).
- Joy Bus (Express bus): PHP 700 / passenger. Average of 5-6 hours travel time, Lay-Z boy seats. By reservation.
- Book here at www.iwantseats.com.ph (Additonal P25 booking fee)
- Trips are 12:30 AM, 1:00 AM ,1:30 AM, 2:00 AM, 2:30 AM and 5:30 AM)
(Joy Bus is the fastest transporation to Baler from Manila)
Step 2: Baler to Dilasag
- Ride a tricycle going to D-Liner bus station PHP12/person.
- Ride a D-Liner Bus (only non-aircon are available) to Dilasag. Fare is below PHP300/person.
- This will take 5-7 hours of rough road.
Step 3: Dilasag Pier to Palanan Bay
- Ride a trycicle to Dilasag Pier. PHP50/person
- Ride a ferry boat to Palanan Bay Isabela. Fare is below PHP300/person:
- The boat ride to Palanan Bay will take about 6-10 hours depending on the sea conditions.
(Local Ferry Boat to Palanan)
- No schedule of boat trip. Boat will leave when the captain decided that there are enough passengers. (We got stuck in the pier for 1 1/2 days doing nothing).
- Ask the captain and the boat crew to drop you off from Dicotcotan Beach if possible.